Student of the Month - Criteria & Procedure
October 13, 2014
Sterling Public Schools
Student of the Month
1. Students must be in grades 7-12.
2. Students may not have been recognized in a previous month.
3. Each staff member may nominate one high school and one junior high school student.
4. One high school (9-12) and one junior high school (7-8) student will be selected each month.
5. Students can be recognized for excellence in any one or combination of the following criteria:
scholarship character leadership
respect courtesy responsibility
effort enthusiasm sportsmanship
other - as identified by the nominator
1. Teachers need to submit a list of students by email to the Principal, including the area or areas of excellence as stated above.
2. At the monthly teacher’s meeting prior to the selection of the finalists, there will be a conversation to discuss those students who have been nominated.
3. The Principal will then create a ballot and deliver this to teachers, most likely as a google doc. Voting should take place ASAP.
4. Students nominated but not selected will automatically be on the ballot for the next two months unless they lose their nomination by a teacher.
Recipients will receive:
1. A certificate and a letter to parent(s)/guardian(s).
2. A gift certificate for a medium pizza donated by the Jet Stop
3. Recognition in local newspapers and other media sources as available.
NO nominations will be accepted without a reason why.